Professional stump grinding services Sydney can remove unwanted tree stumps and free up valuable space in your property. At Outback to Coastal Tree Services, we use efficient and portable grinding machines to remove excess matter, making sure the surface is ready for use. You won’t be left with an ugly stump that disrupts the flow of movement in your backyard.
How Do We Remove Stumps?
Our team arrives at your location in fully-equipped vans with and a robust grinding machine. Experts conduct a thorough assessment of the stump before creating a plan for its removal. Our machines can grind wooden stumps of all sizes efficiently, ensuring no traces of it remain on the surface. Here’s a look at our process:
- The technicians use powerful grinding machines with carbide or tungsten teeth for this purpose. We choose one that can break down the stump without issues.
- Modern grinders don’t just remove wood from the surface. They go around 300-400mm beyond it, which ensures a much flatter surface.
- Our grinding process creates a combination of topsoil, sawdust, and woodchips, which can be used as mulch.
- Expert arborists can also move around obstacles to reach difficult areas. We have hand-held grinders for smaller stumps in areas that aren’t easy to access.
Once the grinding process is complete, we double-check the area to ensure the stump is removed fully.
Why Hire Stump Grinding Services Sydney?
When an arborist cuts down a tree, there’s a large stump left behind. There are two ways to deal with the protrusion- leave it as it is or hire a stump grinding company in Sydney to remove it. Tree experts recommend removing it because:
It Takes Time to Decay
Most people hope the stump will decay and disintegrate on its own eventually, but this takes a long time. That’s especially true if the tree isn’t dead or its roots are still actively drawing nutrients. Stumps can take between three and seven years to rot, but this depends on the surrounding conditions. Trees in dry, harsh environments will take much longer than seven years.
Roots Will Keep Growing
If a tree is alive, its roots will continue to grow. Cutting it down to a stump does permanent damage to the tree, but doesn’t always kill it. Roots may keep spreading and getting into your pipes, foundation walls, underground lines, etc.
Decaying Stumps Attract Pests
Stumps attract dangerous pests like termites that become a threat to your property. If you have some outdoor wooden features, the termites from the stump can spread to it. Sometimes the infestation can even reach your home and cause significant property damage.
Risk of Fire
Dry, dead wood quickly catches fire, which can place you at serious risk. Fire is always a concern in Sydney and the surrounding areas so homeowners must take every possible precaution to avoid it. Removing dry stumps is a good place to start.
Invasive tree species threaten the native population by consuming all resources. Even stumps can cause damage or discourage the growth of other features, which is why professional stump grinders in Sydney recommend removing it. Once the invasive plants are eliminated, native species can thrive.
Alternatives to Stump Grinding in Sydney
There are a few alternatives to stump grinding, but most of them have some disadvantages that make grinding a better option. Here’s a look at these options:
- Excavating a tree stump is an excellent way to ensure all roots come out, but it is a long, expensive process. You would have to move a lot of soil around, possibly even uproot an entire backyard if the roots are spread out. Besides, you would need to hire large machinery for this removal, and that can be quite expensive. It’s much more affordable to hire a stump grinding service.
- Chemical removal is also an option. Arborists can add a solution of potassium nitrate, which speeds up the decay process. Unfortunately, this can take months and carries a risk of pest infestation.
You’ll find several DIY solutions online, but they’re not always safe. Hiring a professional can help you avoid unnecessary hassle, damage, or serious injuries.
We have worked on stump grinding projects for more than two decades now and know how to remove them effectively. Our company is also an insured establishment with up-to-date licenses. If you’re looking for reliable, affordable, and transparent tree grinders, we can help.
Our experts conduct a free assessment before providing a detailed quote so you can make an informed decision.
Want to know more about our stump grinding services Sydney or have questions? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Outback to Coastal Tree Services. You can call us on 0416 722 296 or use our contact us form.